The Christian Small Publishers' Association is holding a vote for the best books of the year. Head on over to http://www.christianpublishers.net/10votes/ and cast your vote - in the Fiction section is a spec-fic title worth supporting: Earth is Not Alone by John Knapp II (go here to see my review of it).
At the New Authors' Fellowship, Keven Newsome provides an introduction and commentary on the manuscript I Am Ocilla by Diane M. Graham, which was a winner in the Marcher Lord Press premise contest. Go here to check it out: http://newauthors.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/new-authors-series-i-am-ocilla/
Bryan Thomas Schmidt says: My first short story publication was an an ezine called Einstein's
Pocket Book this month. It is based on a real experiences last October and November with my wife's struggle with mental illness (she gave permission to use that) and then becomes a kind of contemporary fantasy as it moves along.
February 27 @ 8:30 a.m. at Grace Bible Church at 4262 North Eagle Road in Boise
Want to become a better writer? Would you like to meet other Treasure Valley Christian Writers? Come to this year’s mini-conference.
We have two fabulous keynote speakers this year:
- Donna Fletcher Crow is the author of more than thirty books, including Christian romance, historical fiction, and non-fiction. Her most famous book is the epic, Glastonbury: A Novel of Christian England. Her latest book, an ecclesiastical mystery entitled A Very Private Grave will be released later this year.
- Jill Williamson is the author of By Darkness Hid, a Christian Fantasy novel. She will be representing Marcher Lord Press. She is a former editor for Wild Rose Press. She also writes the Novel Teen Book Review blog. Jill has just signed a movie option for her Blood of the Kings Trilogy.
Also speaking at the conference are:
- Jon Colson is a professional author and speaker from Meridian, Idaho.
- Ray Ellis is a member of ACFW and Idahope Writers. He is a 20-year veteran of law enforcement and lead investigator for the city of Meridian in crimes against children.
- Sherrie Lord is “a Christian Biker Writer” who writes full throttle Christian Romance. She has two published books. More information on Sherrie is available at her websitesherrielord.com
- Adam Graham is President of Idahope Writers and was published in the 2007 Anthology Light at the Edge of Darkness along with his wife Andrea. He and his wife, Andrea collaborate on Laser and Sword Magazine. He is a columnist for Pajamas Media and has been quoted in the Los Angeles Times, and the New York Times Best-seller Do The Right Thing.
The cost of attending the 2010 conference is $20, which includes a one year membership in the Idahope Christian Writer’s group (normally $10.) NNU students are elligible for a special $10 rate. Your membership will help you to continue to grow as a writer through regular meetings which provide opportunities for learning and fellowship. Please note this does not include the $50 membership dues of our parent organization, ACFW.